by Mary Green & Julie Stanley
To perform or not perform? That is the question! Join a company of Shakespearean players both behind the scenes and centre stage at the Globe Theatre, London and discover what life was like for the 16th-century playwright William Shakespeare.
Scroll down to listen to song clips
Click here for more titles in the History Series
Availability: In Stock
Come to the Globe Theatre in London to meet the famous bard, William Shakespeare, and experience what life was like for the 16th-century playwright and his company of actors. Share the audience’s experiences of standing amongst the hazelnut shells and avoiding the pickpockets whilst eating and being entertained. All your favourite Shakespeare lines are included in this production and once you’ve sung these songs you’ll never forget how many sonnets Shakespeare wrote (154 to be precise). Learn about the characters he created for his plays, the success he had performing for Queen Elizabeth I and King James I and discover the origins of some of the best-loved quotes in the English language.
Includes three songs, recorder and percussion music, four pages of cross-curricular ideas, extension work, and a performance script. Activities include making appropriate 16th century snacks to serve your audience and researching how special effects were created in Shakespearean theatre!
William Shakespeare includes Words on Screen™ songs on its enhanced CD.
Other Recommended Titles:
Teacher's Book with:
- Full script for a class performance, to showcase what has been learnt
- Cast list and staging
- 4 pages of creative cross-curricular topic ideas and extension work
- Music score and lyrics sheets for 3 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Piano score for Elizabethan Music
- Recorder parts (simple and advanced descant) and percussion parts for the Elizabethan Music
- Includes FREE performance licence for performing on school premises to an audience of staff, pupil and their families
Enhanced CD (for use with a computer and CD player) with:
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
- All songs in our Words on Screen™ software, where the songs are displayed onto any whiteboard or screen and the words synchronise with the music
- Printable script
- Printable lyric sheets for songs
|Running Time||20 minutes approx.|
|Sample Script||View sample script (48KB)|
|Cast List||View cast list (56KB)|
|Words on Screen™||What is Words on Screen™? Click here to view a Words on Screen™ tutorial video by Gemma Hunt.|
|Words on Screen™ System Requirements|
Click here for system requirements.
Please note that the Words on Screen™ elements of this enhanced CD do NOT currently work on Apple Mac operating systems of 10.7 upwards.
You are free to use the material in William Shakespeare for all teaching purposes. The performance of musicals or songs to an audience and the reproduction of scripts, lyrics and music scores are subject to licensing requirements by law. However, when performing this title within a school setting, no licence is required as it is included within the purchase price. If you wish to perform this title on other premises, please call 0800 850 777.