Tinsel and Tea-Towels
by Mark and Helen Johnson
A behind-the-scenes look at what really happens when children in schools right around the country ‘do’ the Christmas musical. Now available with Words on Screen™ v2.
A Performance Licence is required to perform Tinsel and Tea Towels. You are able to purchase an Instant Performance Licence when you purchase this product, or a Standard Performance Licence at any time. For more information, please see below.
Scroll down to listen to song clips.
Availability: In Stock
About This Children's Christmas Musical
Tinsel and Tea-Towels is a true-to-life and genuinely funny musical. It gives us a behind-the-scenes look at what really happens when children in schools up and down the country ‘do’ the nativity.
Drawing on first hand conversations with children, Mark and Helen help us reflect on what the nativity story is all about.
Now available with a Words on Screen™ v2 CD ROM
allowing you to display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn!
A Performance Licence is required to perform Tinsel and Tea-Towels. You are able to purchase an Instant Performance Licence when you purchase this product, or a Standard Performance Licence at any time. For more information, please see below.
Other Recommended Titles:
|ISBN||9781901980721 Book & CD / 9781906988944 Book & CD ROM|
Teachers Book with:
- Background Information and props
- Information about the enhanced CD
- Cast overview
- Cast list and checklist for casting
- Music score and song lyric sheets for 9 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Licence and copyright details
Enhanced CD with:
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
For Use In A Computer:
- Printable OHP masters for all lyrics in a PDF format
- Printable script
- Printable cast list
- Printable poster
- Printable tickets
- Adaptation of "One Solitary Life" for discussion
- Questionnaire with responses from children for discussion
Words on Screen™ v2 CD ROM with:
- Extractable MP3s, printable lyrics, scores, scripts & additional resources
- Words on Screen™ v2 versions of songs so that you can display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn
- Enhanced operation features including ‘double-click’ to hear and teach a single line
- Words on Screen™ v2 user guide
- Single-User licence (Please note a Performance Licence is still required to perform this Christmas musical)
- Licence & copyright details
|Running Time||45 minutes approx|
|Sample Script||View sample script|
|Cast List||View cast list 1|
View cast list 2
|Words on Screen™ v2||What is Words on Screen™ v2? - For more information click here.|
|Words on Screen™ v2 System Requirements||Windows |
- 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Inter® Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32bit) or later, Windows® Server 2008 (32bit)
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 4.0 or later, Google Chrome, Safari 5.0 or later or Opera 11
- 512MB of RAM (1GB RAM recommended for notebooks); 128 MB graphics memory
- Intel Core™ Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 or later
- Safari 5.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 4.0 or later, Google Chrome, or Opera 11
- 512 MB RAM; 128 MB graphics memory
|Licence Information|| |
Words on Screen™ User Licences
¹Included with this option is a single user licence, allowing the Words on Screen™ CD ROM to be installed on ONE computer only.
²To license the installation of the CD ROM onto network servers and/or two or more computers, please select the Instant Performance Licence option which includes extended digital rights, or purchase a separate Standard Performance Licence.
Performance Licence Information
A performance licence is required to perform this copyrighted musical to an audience (other than exclusively to pupils and staff).
- Licences are available as either a Standard Performance Licence or an Instant Performance Licence
- The requirement for a licence is irrespective of whether admission charges are made
- All of our Performance Licences cover any number of performances within the 12 months from date of ordering
- A new Standard Performance Licence would be required for any future performance(s) outside the date period printed on your current licence
In addition, with so many of our musicals and Christmas plays purchased in digital format, teachers need a legal way to install or distribute copies for use around the school. Your Standard or Instant Performance Licence will also cover you for the following digital usages:
- Installing songs for Words on Screen™ on a network or on multiple computers on the school’s premises
- Uploading digital content to the school’s intranet or learning platform
- Copying audio tracks to your computer music library (eg iTunes)
- Permitting usage of software at home for teachers for preparation purposes
- Burning copies of Audio CDs for rehearsal purposes
For further information on licensing click here or call our Customer Services team on 0800 850 777.
When photocopying or reproducing Out of the Ark material, copyright rules apply. Photocopying of song lyrics or music scores may only be carried out if your school/organisation has a relevant photocopying licence. All photocopying must be recorded on the licence log.